- What is Fresh Guard™ by Efferdent™?
- Why is Fresh Guard™ different?
- Is the Fresh Guard™ Soak the same product as Efferdent™ denture cleaner, packaged in a new box?
- What’s wrong with some common methods of dental device cleaning?
- If I have any questions or concerns regarding the product whom should I contact?
Unlike other currently common methods for cleaning retainers, mouth guards, clear braces and other removable braces, Fresh Guard™ is specially formulated to clean these devices. Fresh Guard™ delivers a complete clean you can see, smell and feel, without damaging the unique materials these devices are made of.
Other current cleaning methods include brushing, soaking in mouthwash or denture cleaners, all of which were not designed to clean these specific devices.
- Brushing my oral device with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Toothpaste and toothbrushes were designed to clean your teeth. Using them on your appliances can cause scratches, which could leave spaces behind for bacteria to grow. These scratches may also leave your device looking cloudy and feeling rough when you wear it.
- Using mouthwash to clean my removable dental device. Mouthwash is ideally designed and intended for the purpose of freshening your breath. Many mouthwashes contain alcohol or dyes that can interact with and cause damage to the plastics or metal components of your device.
- Using denture cleaners to clean my removable dental device. Denture cleaners are designed to clean non-porous denture acrylic materials. They may not effectively remove all of the mouth film that collects on plastics and other oral appliance materials. Furthermore, extended exposure with some denture cleaners may actually be corrosive to the metal components used in retainer wires.